We've been testing recipes for the past few months, and just found a fabulous concoction for Paleo Beef Jerky! Here it is:
Beef Jerky Recipe
- Flank steak as lean as possible (grass-fed), trim any excess fat
- 1 cup raw coconut aminos (it’s a substitute for soy sauce)
- 1 cup of organic apple juice (make sure there are no additives)
- 1 cup of pineapple juice (again, no additives)
- 1 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Lime juice (not in the marinade)
Trim the steak of all excess fat. Put it in the freeze for an hour or two to make slicing it into thin strips easier. Slice into the jerky shape you prefer (I prefer long, thick jerky strips).
Add all other ingredients in a dish, and then toss in your steak strips. Make sure to completely cover/submerge all surfaces of the steak. If you have the time, let sit in the fridge overnight.
The next day, remove the steak from the fridge and let it drain. Then pull out the dehydrator (you can find one here), and follow the directions for your particular model. I put mine thick slices in for 4 hours, and they were perfect!
Feel free to use extra lime dribbles for extra juicy goodness.